National Trust Barrington Court - summer post 2


Hi,
I know that this is the first day of Autumn but I'm still clinging onto summer. The sun is still shining, the sky is blue and my jumpers are still in hiding. This is summer post number 2 my first one was at Heligan gardens. In this post I will take you to Barrington Court in sunny Somereset. Barrington Court is a Tudor manor house with beautiful gardens.
Strode house which sits in the grounds used to be the stables. Converted into a house in the 1920's.
It now houses the restaurant which serves fresh produce from the garden.
Pretty sweet peas

The garden is of arts and crafts style, planting was designed by Gertrude Jekyll.


A dahlia flower enjoying the sunshine.
This has to be one of the prettiest cattle sheds.
I hope you enjoyed a stroll around the gardens of Barrington Court. My next summer post will be coming soon.
Thanks for stopping by!
Em

Comments

Popular Posts